Adoption of VoIP Continues to Rise
IP voice, or Voice over IP (VoIP), has evolved as technology advances with higher connection speeds, especially the expansion of broadband technology. Voice quality has improved significantly and become more reliable.
As IP voice quality and features have expanded, so have the opportunities to take advantage of them. Not surprisingly, statistics show that the adoption of IP voice is on pace to displace traditional land lines in the not-distant future. For example, a recent Juniper Research survey estimates an astonishing one billion mobile IP voice users by 2017. That’s a huge jump from the 288 million users predicted by an In-Stat report at the end of 2013. Overall, the total market value for IP voice services is expected to explode, reaching $74.5 billion by 2015.
IP voice offers big advantages—including simplicity, flexibility and affordability. You can send or receive voice signals regardless of location over an Internet connection, and instead of separate lines carrying data and voice traffic, a single connection can carry both.
Today businesses are looking for solutions to reduce costs, simplify management and increase efficiency and productivity. Fortunately, service providers can now offer businesses of all sizes solutions to meet their voice communication needs at more affordable costs—and with a wider range of features and functions.
Although IP voice can increase efficiency and productivity for remote, mobile and onsite workers alike, nowhere is the trend more prominent than in mobile communications, where IP voice has created unprecedented flexibility for audio and video conferencing, group messaging, emergency notifications, online collaboration and many other services.
A Complete Solution
IP voice technology is part of a complete IP communications solution that can:
- Increase productivity by leveraging a complete IP communications infrastructure that provides access to a variety of communication, collaboration and productivity applications and services.
- Enhance efficiency through centrally managed applications, services and users.
- Improve ROI though the convenience of the Cloud, saving equipment costs and other investments.
Traditional legacy telephone systems can be cumbersome to manage, maintain and expand. Functionality is limited, adding new users can be slow, and customer service and repairs can be inefficient, costly and time-consuming. Obviously, IP communications can offer an attractive alternative.
10 Reasons to Move Now
Here are 10 basic reasons to move your business to IP voice in 2014:
- Simplified setup, requiring only a data or Internet connection
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to reduced infrastructure, wiring, equipment and other costs
- Communication anytime, anywhere, on any device, with a single phone number, saving time and increasing productivity
- Greater flexibility and scalability to quickly and easily add, move, remove and change services, applications and users as your business scales
- Flexible, convenient, customer-friendly, and less expensive contact center solutions
- More advanced, enterprise-class communication features and functionality
- Reduced maintenance expenses
- Reduced travel and training expenses through high-quality IP audio/video conferencing and web collaboration
- Higher productivity for remote and mobile workers
- More reliable and redundant disaster recovery solutions
These 10 reasons add up to higher revenue potential, happier customers, higher returns on investment and a stronger competitive advantage.